Global GAP Certification: The Key to Exporting to Europe
The Global GAP certification, also known as Good Agricultural Practices (GAP), is a globally recognized standard that guarantees safety, quality, and sustainability in agricultural production. This certification has become a fundamental requirement for exporting agricultural products to Europe and other international markets.
Obtaining this certification has a series of requirements that are not always easy to meet, so professional guidance at each stage will be essential to obtain it. In addition, the processing time is linked to the suitability of the documents submitted.
In the following article, the specialists from ACIR Southern Europe will explain the details of this important commercial process.
Importance of Global GAP certification for exporting to Europe
Europe is a demanding market in terms of the quality and safety of imported agricultural products. The Global GAP certification offers Central Asian producers and exporters a competitive advantage by demonstrating that their products comply with international standards of quality and sustainability. This facilitates access to European markets and increases consumer confidence in the origin and quality of the products.
We can highlight the following requirements as essential to obtain certification:
- Compliance with legal and regulatory requirements in food safety and good agricultural practices.
- Implementation of a quality and food safety management system at all stages of production and handling of agricultural products.
- Maintenance of detailed records of all agricultural activities, including the use of chemicals, fertilizers, and irrigation.
- Regular training of personnel in good agricultural practices, hygiene, and food safety.
- Implementation of pest control measures, disease prevention, and soil and water pollution control.
ACIR Southern Europe: Support for obtaining certifications in optimized times
ACIR Southern Europe is an organization that provides support to Central Asian companies interested in obtaining certifications such as Global GAP efficiently and in optimized times. Through its extensive experience and knowledge in the certification process, ACIR Southern Europe advises companies on the implementation of the necessary good agricultural practices, preparation for audits, and document management.
The 5 steps to obtaining the Global GAP certificate through ACIR Southern Europe are as follows:
- Initial evaluation: ACIR Southern Europe, together with its partners, will conduct an initial evaluation of the company’s current agricultural practices and determine the requirements necessary to meet the Global GAP standard.
- Advice and training: ACIR Southern Europe will provide advice and training to the company on the necessary good agricultural practices to obtain certification.
- Preparation for audits: ACIR Southern Europe will help the company prepare for the audits necessary to obtain the Global GAP certificate. This will include reviewing documentation, preparing records, and training staff for audits.
- Certification audit: ACIR Southern Europe will coordinate with the partner certification company for the certification audit necessary to obtain the Global GAP certificate. During the audit, compliance with the standard requirements will be evaluated.
- Document management and certification: ACIR Southern Europe will provide support in managing the documentation necessary to obtain certification and will coordinate the issuance of the Global GAP certificate once the audit has been approved.
With the support of ACIR Southern Europe, Central Asian companies can obtain the Global GAP certificate efficiently and in optimized times, ensuring access to European markets and increasing consumer confidence in the quality and origin of their agricultural products.
Contact ACIR Southern Europe today and take your agricultural products to the next level!
Subscribe to our newsletter
Central Asia, a region in full growth and with an increasing demand for efficient irrigation solutions, is becoming a fertile field of opportunities for European companies that specialize in this sector.12/11/2023
ACIR Southern Europe is a leading company in the development of construction projects and real estate in the countries of Southern Europe. Our services are broad and tailored to the needs of each client.14/10/2023
The recent meeting between Eduard Gulián, CEO of ACIR Southern Europe, and the directors of Bankinter has highlighted the multiple business opportunities in the banking sector.11/10/2023
The Global GAP certification, also known as Good Agricultural Practices (GAP), is a globally recognized standard that guarantees safety, quality, and sustainability in agricultural production. This certification has become a fundamental requirement for exporting agricultural products to Europe and other international markets.30/09/2023