Cosmetics Export – Central Asia
Central Asia is an emerging market for high-quality cosmetic products, and countries such as Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan are experiencing an increase in demand for imported cosmetics. Spanish and Italian cosmetics products are especially popular in these markets due to their reputation for being high-quality and the perception that they are “exclusive” and “luxurious.”
In the following article, you will learn more details about this growing business in Central Asia and some recommendations from experts at the ACIR Southern Europe project office in those countries.
Demand for Cosmetic Products in Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan
In Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan, the demand for cosmetic products is constantly growing. According to a report by Research and Markets, the cosmetic products market in Kazakhstan will grow at an annual compound rate of 5.58% between 2020 and 2025, while the cosmetic products market in Uzbekistan is expected to grow at an annual compound rate of 4.12% during the same period.
Spanish and Italian cosmetic products are very popular in Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan. Consumers in these countries value the quality and exclusivity of imported products. In addition, many Spanish and Italian cosmetic products have a reputation for being high-quality and are backed by internationally renowned brands.
This is further compounded by the arrival of renowned European brands that “drag” interest in other products from their countries of origin.
“According to the data we currently have, there are only 6 European brands that are making their way into Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan. These are medium-sized companies that have bet on these countries and are achieving very good results in the short term. Undoubtedly, a market yet to be discovered,” said Egor Zhunyaev, ACIR project director in Almaty.
Reasons Why European Exporters Should Consider Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan
- Emerging markets: Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan are emerging markets with great potential for the growth of the cosmetic products market.
- Increasing demand: The demand for cosmetic products is constantly increasing in Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan, which represents a great opportunity for European exporters.
- High quality: Consumers in Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan value the quality and exclusivity of imported products, which means that Spanish and Italian cosmetic products will have high demand in these markets.
- Brand reputation: Many Spanish and Italian cosmetic products have a reputation for being high-quality and are backed by internationally renowned brands.
- Export experience: Spain and Italy have a long history of exporting high-quality cosmetic products worldwide. This means that European exporters have the necessary experience to succeed in the markets of Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Central Asia, a region consisting of five countries of the former Soviet Union, is known for its arid climate and the dependence of its economies on agriculture. Therefore, irrigation is a critically important sector in this region, and recent innovations in irrigation technology and practice are creating new opportunities for investors and enterprises in this field.06/02/2024
Central Asia, a region made up of five former Soviet countries, is experiencing rapid economic growth. This upward trend is due to a number of factors, including an abundance of natural resources and a series of government reforms aimed at attracting foreign investment.31/01/2024
The market for biostimulants and plant protection is booming, thanks to the growing demand for high-quality agricultural products and the need for sustainable practices. According to data from the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), the biostimulants industry is expected to grow at an annual rate of 12% until 2025.25/01/2024
The business climate in Kazakhstan, a view from the experience of the ACIR Southern Europe project office in Almaty.10/01/2024