Water treatment sector demands European companies
The water treatment sector is a growing market in Central Asia and represents a great opportunity for companies from Southern Europe. According to data from the State Committee of Statistics of Uzbekistan, the production of drinking water in the country increased by 7.2% in 2021 compared to the previous year. Additionally, the Ministry of Energy of Kazakhstan reported that water demand in the country has increased by 70% over the last ten years.
These data demonstrate that there is a great need for water treatment infrastructure in the region, which means there are many business opportunities for companies offering water treatment solutions. Southern European companies can offer advanced technologies and industry expertise to help meet this growing demand.
Below are five projects in each of the countries that could be of interest to Southern European companies and on which ACIR Southern Europe is working with its project offices in Tashkent and Almaty:
- Construction of a water treatment plant in the city of Tashkent.
- Modernization of wastewater treatment infrastructure in the city of Samarkand.
- Supply and installation of water treatment equipment in the Andijan region.
- Development of a water quality monitoring system in the Amu Darya River basin.
- Implementation of a treated wastewater reuse project for crop irrigation in the Karakalpakstan region.
- Construction of a water treatment plant in the city of Almaty.
- Supply and installation of water treatment equipment in the city of Nur-Sultan.
- Modernization of wastewater treatment infrastructure in the city of Shymkent.
- Development of a water quality monitoring system in the Irtysh River basin.
- Implementation of a wastewater treatment project for the oil industry in the Atyrau region.
In conclusion, according to information from ACIR project offices in Central Asia, the water treatment sector offers many business opportunities for companies in the engineering and water treatment sectors.
With the growing demand for water treatment infrastructure in the region, companies can offer advanced solutions and expertise to help meet this need. The projects mentioned above are just some of the opportunities available for companies interested in expanding into this growing market.
If you are interested in learning more about the projects, please contact us.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Spanish mobile hospital technology has been used not only in Spain and Europe, but also in Africa and Latin America. The implementation of mobile hospitals is a cost-effective and highly beneficial solution to improve healthcare in remote or hard-to-reach areas.07/09/2023
Central Asia is a geographically growing region, especially in the field of information technologies. European companies interested in expanding into new markets can find a great business opportunity in Central Asia.23/08/2023
Central Asia is an emerging market for high-quality cosmetic products, and countries such as Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan are experiencing an increase in demand for imported cosmetics. Spanish and Italian cosmetics products are especially popular in these markets due to their reputation for being high-quality and the perception that they are “exclusive” and “luxurious.”11/08/2023
The OEKO-TEX certification is a way to ensure that textile products meet international safety and quality standards, which will allow them to differentiate themselves from their competitors.28/07/2023