Business Opportunities: Health Sector in Central Asia
Central Asia, particularly Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan, offer significant business opportunities for European companies in the health sector due to the increasing demand for high-quality medical services in the region. Below, we present five projects in the health sector that are planned for 2023 and 2024 in Central Asia and how European companies can participate in them.
According to the World Bank, healthcare spending in Central Asia has been steadily increasing in recent years. In 2019, Uzbekistan spent 5.5% of its GDP on healthcare, while Kazakhstan spent 3.6%.
Both Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan offer various incentives and facilities to foreign companies looking to invest in their healthcare sectors. These include tax exemptions, simplified procedures for obtaining permits and licenses, and the ability to repatriate profits.
Health Business Sectors in Central Asia
- Medical research and education hospitals: Medical research and education hospitals in Kazakhstan are expected to offer significant business opportunities for European companies that can provide state-of-the-art medical technology and hospital management consulting services.
- Diagnostic and treatment centers: The diagnostic and treatment center in Uzbekistan, in collaboration with South Korea, will focus on the diagnosis and treatment of chronic and acute diseases. European companies can participate in this project by providing advanced medical equipment and diagnostic technology.
- Fertility clinics: The fertility clinic in Kazakhstan will focus on infertility and in vitro fertilization. European companies can participate in this project by providing assisted reproduction technology and specialized medical equipment.
- Telemedicine centers: The telemedicine center in Uzbekistan will allow patients to receive high-quality medical care through video conferencing. European companies can participate in this project by providing advanced medical technology and telemedicine consulting services.
- Cancer hospitals: The cancer hospital in Kazakhstan will focus on the diagnosis and treatment of various types of cancer. European companies can participate in this project by providing advanced medical equipment, diagnostic technology, and hospital management consulting services.
Overall, Central Asia offers multiple opportunities for European companies in the health sector. The projects mentioned above are just some examples of how European companies can participate in the health sector in Central Asia.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Spanish mobile hospital technology has been used not only in Spain and Europe, but also in Africa and Latin America. The implementation of mobile hospitals is a cost-effective and highly beneficial solution to improve healthcare in remote or hard-to-reach areas.07/09/2023
Central Asia is a geographically growing region, especially in the field of information technologies. European companies interested in expanding into new markets can find a great business opportunity in Central Asia.23/08/2023
Central Asia is an emerging market for high-quality cosmetic products, and countries such as Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan are experiencing an increase in demand for imported cosmetics. Spanish and Italian cosmetics products are especially popular in these markets due to their reputation for being high-quality and the perception that they are “exclusive” and “luxurious.”11/08/2023
The OEKO-TEX certification is a way to ensure that textile products meet international safety and quality standards, which will allow them to differentiate themselves from their competitors.28/07/2023